I am so grateful for the nearly 7 years I have spent within the beautiful community at Joshua Station—a transitional housing program in West Denver. In order to do the work I do I am responsible for raising a portion of my salary through monthly donations. I am hoping you might take a moment and read a short description of the work I do and consider whether you would be interested in becoming a financial partner. This is not the entirety of my work, but I feel like offers a good birds eye view.
- Program Management
- Kids Club
- I recruit, train, and lead a group of volunteers who help us run Kids Club—a program aimed at providing a safe space for the kids of Joshua Station to be together in community and experience healthy adult relationships.
- Teen Group
- I get to lead a Middle/High School program that is partnered with the Youth Group of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church—where I also work as their Youth Director. Our goals are Spiritual Formation, Community Building, and Character Development.
- We have recently begun implementing a new component to the youth program at Joshua Station. As a Chaplain for the Youth, I make it a priority to journey alongside our young people one on one fostering their spiritual formation.
- I coordinate a partnership with an area non-profit called “Save Our Youth”. In coordination with SOY our goal is to pair each Joshua Station youth, aged 10-18, with a mentor.
- Kids Club
Our work is meaningful, it’s important, and I would like to invite you to become a part of it. My hope for 2016 is to partner with 10-15 people who are willing to make a monthly commitment of $20-$30 to ensure that we are able, together, to continue creating opportunities and space for transformation for the youth of Joshua Station.
To become a monthly partner online simply click Here and follow these simple instructions. Hard copy donation slips are available upon request.
- Choose the amount you would like to give.
- Choose “Recurring” to become a recurring partner.
- Choose how often you would like to give. Monthly is suggested.
- Fill out the rest of the required fields.
- Select “Other” in the first drop down menu.
- In the “Special Instructions” box type “Ben Edwards”
- Click “Add to Cart”
- Click “Checkout”
- Sign up for an account to complete the donation.
If you decide to become a monthly partner, you can choose to receive a paper copy of my monthly newsletter/reflection, 8th & Wyandot.
If you have any other questions about the work I do or would like to set up a time to come visit Joshua Station, feel free to contact me.
Thank you for considering this invitation to join in the good work being done with the youth at Joshua Station!